LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Changes...

Well, I got a new calling this past Sunday. For the past 2 1/2 years, I've been the Mia Maid advisor and loved it. I enjoy teaching and young women are fun to teach and it was an easy calling for me. Well, it's time to move on to bigger and better things! :) I got called to be the second counselor in the Primary! I'm excited and know it's going to be good for me. I haven't been in primary, since I turned 12, so it will definitely be a learning experience for me. As second counselor, I'm in charge of the quarterly activities. At first, I was like, uh, okay, what the heck am I supposed to do for that? But in my binder I was given, there was a book with some ideas and it made me feel better about it and I don't think it will be as hard as I thought it will be. I know it will take time, effort and some creativity, but it won't be impossible. :) This Sunday will be my first Sunday in Primary and I'm excited. Children are so sweet and so willing to learn. I'm excited to help them learn more about the gospel.

Anna update: She really is getting so good with her vocab. She's learning so many new words. It's so cute. Probably her cutest lately is "pips and salsa." She actually can say salsa, it's really cute. I taught her what a toot is and now every time she toots, she looks at me and says TOOT! Some other words she says really well are smoke, goose, neck, truck, peach, couch, car, book, and work. There are others, but that's all I can think of at the moment. She likes to open the hymn book and "sing." It's so cute. She LOVES nursery. She never wants to leave. She just loves being around other kids. I'm grateful for that! She's just such a happy baby and loves to have fun. Here's a video of her singing, she also toots twice!



Anna wearing daddy's hat. She's the next Indiana Jones.

Here's our cool little girl at the park.
Anna and daddy having fun.


As for me, I'm just having fun with mod podge. I'm working on a few projects and hope to be done with them soon. I also bought a little table that I started to sand, but haven't finished, so I hope to get that done soon too. So many projects, so little time it seems. :)

I do have a questions/proposition for my local mom friends. Every six months there's a consignment sale for our area. I've talked about it before. Basically, you sign up to be a consignor and sell your baby clothes, toys, gear, etc. You set the price and get 65-70% of that price. Last time I sold some stuff and made $40. Well, I'm going to do it again this time and was wondering if anyone wanted to do it with me. There's a $10 registration fee, which we would split and you would just add your items to my list. If the consignor volunteers for a 3 hour shift, you get 70% of profits, if not, you get 65%. So, my question is, is anyone interested in doing this with me? Last time, I sold stuff Anna never really wore or I didn't really like anymore, plus some stuff that was given to me that I didn't care for. I also sold some stuff I got for super cheap at a thrift store and sold it for more than I paid for. The clothing needs to be in good shape-no stains, tears, holes, etc. Let me know if anyone is interested. The sale is April 16-18th.

3 comments:

The Everts said...

I LOVE being in Primary. I was second counselor and now I'm the 1st counselor. It is SUPER fun. We've had some great quarterly activities and got the ideas off of sugardoodle.net. Great site, big help. As far as the sale, I'm not sure I have enough stuff to sell. A lot of it I use or is being saved for when we have another baby. I'll look through some things and let you know. :) Oh and good job Anna! She really is a talker!

Naomi and Family said...

She's so adorable! That's a cute little video!

The Over Family said...

That's awesome about your new calling! I too have been in the YW's for a long time (about the same amount of time as you). I wouldn't mind trying out the primary though...I love the songs that they get to sing! :) Good luck with that! Anna is so adorable! Isn't it neat watching their vocabulary grow like crazy in a such a short amount of time?