LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bread recipe and door knobs!

As per request, here is the recipe I use for whole wheat bread. I like it, so hopefully you do too! The one thing though, is it calls for more water than is needed. I always end up adding more flour because the dough is still sticky. So just a heads up. You could probably do without the 1/8 cup. I always double the recipe, so I gave those proportions as well.

Whole Wheat Bread

1 1/8 cups water
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon dry milk powder
1 1/2 tablespoons shortening
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Double Batch

2 ¼ cups water
6 cups whole wheat flour
1 TBSP salt
2/3 cups honey
2 TBSP dry milk
3 Tbsp shortening
1 Tbsp yeast

I finished spraying my doorknobs a while ago. I was introduced to oil rubbed bronze spray paint at Thrify Decor Chick. This stuff is AWESOME! and it's a money saver. I paid $3 for a can. I sprayed all six of the doorknobs in our house and still have some left. We originally were going to replace all the doorknobs. They are an ugly brass color. Well, forget that and save me $60! I just painted them all and they look great!

Before.
When I painted the doors a while ago, I didn't care if I got paint on the knobs because we were going to replace them. Well, I had to get the paint off and it wasn't exactly easy.

After.
This is a different doorknob than the before, but you get the idea.

It looks so much better!
I am also going to use this on a kitchen light fixture we have that is also a brass color. But I have to cover the ceiling and spray paint it right there. Otherwise we have to take the whole fixture out, turn off the power, etc. Hopefully, we'll do that soon. If anyone is planning on doing a similar project, I bought the Krylon brand at Walmart. It is pretty runny, so I would do a light coat at first. You'll have to do a few coats, but it's worth it. Otherwise it will get runny and you'll get drips on your knob (yeah, that happened to me, luckily you can't really see them, but still...).


Time for Anna pics! She is so funny, lately when we want to take a picture of her, she leans over to the side and waits for us to take the picture. I'm not sure where she got this from, but it sure is funny.
Our cool little cat. :)


She's getting so big! She is now 20 months! Where did the time go?

1 comment:

The Over Family said...

Wow - thanks for the recipe! I'm going to have to try it out! Um...how long do I let it rise, and at what temperature do I cook it at?
Thanks. Oh, and it's so cute how Anna leans to the side for the pictures. She's so cute!