Anyway, I'm doing pretty well. The last month I've had mild morning sickness. This is new to me because last time I was sick for a week and that was it. This time, it's been longer and I want to eat more. Which is always annoying to me. I've been really tired as well, but that's finally wearing off. The morning sickness is pretty much gone, but I did have it yesterday morning, after 5 days of not having it. I haven't subbed in forever because I've been so tired and not feeling well.
This pregnancy has been weird to me because I feel like all the symptoms I had last time at 4 months, I'm having this time at 2 months. I have to go pee in the middle of the night already, I'm already gaining weight and I feel like I'm starting to poke out a bit, when last time I didn't feel that way till 3-4 months. I don't know if it's all in my head or what. Like, last week I gained a 1 1/2! And I wasn't overeating at all. My appetite finally returned to normal and I wasn't eating junk. I still go to the gym 3 times a week. It was really weird. But now, I've gone down a little in weight. Soooo, I'm just hoping that I don't gain 50 lbs this pregnancy. Last time it was close to 30. Did any of you moms feel your 2nd pregnancy was like this?
I also feel kind of demotivated to get things done. In the evening after Anna goes to bed, is usually my "work on projects" time. I've still done some stuff, but my desire has really been depleted. Maybe it will come back after the 1st trimester. If not, I'll just get some more relaxing in.
In case anyone was wondering, we did plan for this pregnancy. :) It's still not quite feeling real yet, but it's getting there. There are a lot of things I'm looking forward to. Just having another little baby, that is so small and precious. Being a mom again. Seeing Anna as a big sister and wondering how she'll be with another baby around. Expanding our family and growing together.
Some things that I'm a little apprehensive about or worried about are taking care of Anna when I'm really big. Things like putting her in her crib and lifting her out of her high chair. Being a mom to two kids at the same time and being able to give enough attention to Anna while caring for a newborn. Being dead tired after the birth and not being able to sleep when the baby sleeps because Anna will be awake.
I know things will work out and I'll be able to do them, but at this point these things run through my head every once in a while and I just wonder how it will all work out. I'm very excited though. We went to the doctor yesterday and they gave me a bag of stuff and there was a sample diaper in there. It was so tiny, I forgot how small they are at the beginning and it just kind of melted my heart a little, knowing in 7 months, I'll be using that on a tiny little infant. :)
6 comments:
Congrats! I was going to call you this week and ask why we hadn't had sweet little Anna over for a while. Do you need anything? I can watch her if you just need a break. Especially at the end. It is harder with a toddler, but it's not horrible. I loved my second pregnancy. I do think I didn't take it easy as much and that's why he was born 5 weeks early. You'll do great. I still have the same worries about time management and attention spreading, but it all works out and you guys will do great! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!
Oh my goodness! That's so exciting for you guys, Rachel! What a great age difference there will be between Anna and her new sibling. :) I'm so happy for you and your little family!
Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! I gave a little squeal:) Congratulations you guys, I hope this pregnancy is good to you!
WIth Caleb's pregnancy I felt the same. It was hard and there were days where all I would do is watch Ethan play while laying on the couch. You start to show faster, feel the symptoms sooner and stronger. It was a little challenging after he was born and finding that resting time but you do it and it all turns out to be ok. :) Plus Anna is young enough where she won't be too affected by the new addition.
Wow! I am SO excited for you guys!!! :) There is no happier news, in my book, than the announcement of a new baby! Congrats! I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling too well! If you ever need a break, PLEASE just drop Anna off at my house and go back home and sleep the day away! :) My second pregnancy was a lot different than the first. I hardly felt pregnant with Lizzie, even into the 9th month. With Bryce, I could feel it A LOT sooner. And I started showing sooner too. It's just different being pregnant when you have another little one to take care of. The good thing is that the second pregnancy will go by a lot quicker than your first one because you are so preoccupied with your first child. I had the exact same worries that you have when I got pregnant with Bryce...and everything worked out just fine. :) CONGRATS!!!! :)
Hooray! Hooray! Such exciting news! Yes, with each pregnancy my body seemed to feel it a little stronger and a little sooner. But, I know you'll be able to handle it, no problem! Seeing those two little kids play and laugh and love each other is the best thing in the world. Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment