LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, May 8, 2009

Quilt in Progress

I have finished the top of Anna's baby quilt! I actually finished it about a week ago. I think it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. It wasn't terribly difficult and I only made a few minor mistakes that were easy to fix. I am waiting to see if there will be a 50% off coupon from Joanns this week in the paper. I want to use it to buy the batting and then I can finish the quilt. All I have left to do is sew the back on with the batting in between. I'm a little nervous about that, but I think I'll do okay. I then need to decide if I want to tie it with yarn, or do some stitching on the squares to hold it all together. I can't wait to see the finished product. Once I paint Anna's room, it will all look so cute together!

The top of the quilt!
These two pictures are more for my mom, to show the stitching on the alignment of the squares. :)


4 comments:

Melanee said...

Wow, what a cute quilt! I'm very impressed by how well your squares lined up. I made a quilt and it was definitely not good enough to post pictures taken so close. You'll have to post pictures of the finished quilt.

Creel Family said...

That turned out so cute! I am trying to do some crafy things for the nursery and I haven't been so successful. Let me know if you see the coupon, I need to hit up Joanns as well.

pennie said...

Rachel, your quilt is very nice! Your squares look great. And I like the pattern you made. I think your creativity is in high gear!

Sarah Stout said...

Wow... I love the quilt! I'm impressed. You've done a great job!