So there are a lot of decorative blogs I follow and I like to save pictures of projects/ideas that I would like to do someday.
This is a filing cabinet. It was originally just a plain, metal, ugly one. You know the ones I'm talking about. Well, this lady spray painted it and then used mod podge to adhere material on the front of it. How cute is that??? It's so stylish and you could make it fit any kind of decor style. It's a very cheap way to make a cute cabinet. A year ago, I was looking for a filing cabinet and kept seeing this kind on craigslist, but thought they were too ugly to go in the family room. Luckily, I got one for free, but it's a cheapo, fake wood one. Sooo, I definitely want to do this project sometime in the near future. Unfortunately, I don't have a link for the source. I found this lady's blog, through another blog and just copied the picture.


Just A Girl did this in her dining room and I LOVE it! Same concept as the staircase. If we ever get around to remodeling our bathrooms, I want to do something like this.

This last one is from thrifty decor chick as well. I thought it was a cute idea for a baby's room. Of course, I didn't save the post it came from and now I can't remember exactly how she made it. I think it was canvases and she just cut holes in them and covered them either with paper or cloth and then glued the letters on. I think it's a very cute idea.
The one downside to being pregnant is not being able to do as much as I normally do. I can't spray paint, it's hard to bend/lean over, and just not having the motivation. I like being busy and productive and creating things. The last few months have been hard in the project category. And I'm sure it will be a few more months until I'm really able to get back to my old self. I really want to redo the family room colors in brown and turquoise, but I just can't think about that right now. :)

1 comment:
So fun! I usually save mine as PDFs, but printing them out is a good idea too! I love your filing cabinet. :)
Post a Comment