LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Family photos finally on the wall!

We got our family portrait taken back at the end of October. We ended up getting some other shots of Anna and us. I meant to get them up asap, but that didn't quite happen. Lately, I've been in decorating mode, so I finally got them up! What do you think? I love the picture of Anna, it's so cute (no bias here).

The red frame is metal and was originally gray. I got it for $1 at Kohls and painted it red. The black frames I got from IKEA a year ago. I think I paid around $5 for them. They were originally light wood. I painted them black and put red scrapbook paper behind the pictures. I like how it all looks. However, I feel I'm stuck in a rut of using black and red. I love the two together, but I think I'm using it too much. I need to find a way to incorporate other colors into the decor of the family room, but it's hard! Any suggestions???

I'm especially happy because this wall has been empty ever since we moved in, and finally it has something on it. It's not the best position for family pictures. It's right next to the front door. I would have liked to have put it somewhere else, but with the present placement of the family furniture, it's the only wall that works. I'm REALLY hoping to switch the computer desk and piano around. The family room is really bugging me. It feels so cluttered and not very organized. However, there's some complications of outlets and the computer, blah, blah, blah. I just need to keep persuading Dan that it will all be okay. :)

Here is the entire wall. All red and black. I think I might change the vinyl I have with my wedding pictures. it's kind of bugging me now (naturally, after I spent forever putting it up).

Unfortunately, today's project was not without some mishaps. I had hung the red frame and was putting in a nail for the black frame, but the red frame fell down and the corner of it hit the baseboard! Ooops. I was really mad about that. Then, when I was nailing again, I stupidly forgot to take down the red frame and it fell down again onto the black frame and dented it in the side. THEN, I was holding five things in my hand, including the hammer and stepped up onto the stool. Well, Anna decided to get up on the stool with me. I was trying to avoid stepping on her, when the hammer fell a little and hit me on the head! I have a little goose egg on my forehead now. But, it's all done now, but what a time I had getting it all up!

So, as I mentioned before I am really in decorating mode. There are some decorating blogs I follow and they have so many cute ideas! Sunday, I spent forever looking at this one blog http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/
They have so many good ideas. I just want to have all this time to get all these ideas I have (mostly borrowed, can't claim all the credit) done. I know that won't happen, so I'm slowly trying to work on some stuff. I love looking at these blogs and seeing how easy it is to make cute stuff for your house for super cheap.

Here are some pillows from that site. So cute! I'm thinking of making one for Anna's room with pink and brown material.
The best part is the flower! She made them out of felt. How easy is that?
I love how these curtains are tied with ribbon. It's such a simple idea, but I don't think I ever would have thought of that.

I thought these towel things were a good idea. It's such an easy way to incorporate more color and variety into the bathroom and this would be so easy to make.

I could go on all day about decorating, so I'll stop here. Check out the site!



3 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

They turned out good! I love red too and all my Christmas decor is mostly red. I know what you mean, but it's hard to resist such are great color! I'm always drawn to it when I go shopping or planning.

Creel Family said...

I think everything you do is so cute! I can't believe you dropped a hammer on your head! Are you okay! I'm glad we're switching sub jobs even though they seem pretty hard to come by these days. I'm checking all the time and coming up with nothing. If you want a good book to read while you're subbing, you should join our book club. We're meeting on Feb 3rd to discuss this book and pick another one.

reunitedreaders.blogspot.com

: )

Rebecca said...

I am now addicted to All Things Thrifty. Thanks for sharing!