LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Anna's new crib bumper

I wasn't really planning on it, but I ended up making a bumper for Anna's crib. There were a few times where she would get a foot or hand stuck in between the bars. A few times I have come in her room to find her sitting with her two legs sticking out of the crib. It was kind of cute, but I don't think she liked it. So, I embarked on my next sewing project. I was lucky to find the same striped fabric I used for her baby blanket, so it matched. I looked at some patterns online, but some of them didn't make sense, so I just kind of made up my own thing. I did learn to make it 160 inches long and 10 inches wide from my research.


I like how it makes the crib look my complete. However, if I had to do it over again, I would have gotten better batting. The stuff I got was a good deal, but it isn't thick enough to stand up nicely by itself. I didn't realize it at the time, so I had to sew more ribbons on it to tie to the crib. And when Anna wakes up, she likes to push it down with her feet, so it gets kind of squished. Overall, it wasn't a terribly difficult project. Should anyone be interested in how I made it, leave a comment and I'll tell you. :)


1 comment:

Svedi Pie said...

That looks really good! When I do start having babies, I'll have to give you a call to see how you did it all. Thanks for putting all this up, you give me a lot of good ideas!