I finally found a stand up lamp to go in Anna's room. I got it at Goodwill and it was only $6! The only downside is it is extremely tall, like the tallest lamp I've ever seen. I debated on getting it, but it was such a good price, I wasn't sure if another deal like that would come along. It was originally a dark bronze color. I primed it and spray painted it white. I found the lamp shade at Wal-mart. By itself, it looks kind of funny.
It looks better here in the corner. It still is pretty tall, but since it's in the corner, it doesn't really stand out, like it does in this picture.
I made a wall hanging for Anna's room. I got my inspiration from an etsy site. this lady makes really cute things with her cricut machine. So I made my own version. Here is her idea:

This is what I came up with. I still think hers is cuter. I would have liked to have pulled the ribbon through the front. But I used fabric instead of paper and I didn't want to put holes in it, in case I decided later to do something different with it.
Here is another idea she has that I really want to make. I think it's so cute. I think I would do it with Anna's name or something. It looks so easy too. Buy some wood, cut it into blocks, sand it, paint it, put paper on it and cut out some letters!

While I was at Goodwill, I found this candle holder. It had wax on it that I had to pick off. I primed it and painted it black.
No comments:
Post a Comment