LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Anna's new wall decor

So after almost a year of living in our house, I've finally gotten Anna's room pretty much decorated. There are still more things I need to do, but at least now there are actually wall hangings. :)

These frames were wood and I painted them (I posted about these a few months ago. $1 each from Michaels). On the white one, I put on brown vinyl flowers. I was going to put a word on it, but decided not to, since I'll be putting a word on the wall. I don't know yet what word it will be, but it will be cute. :) I'm going to put centers on the bigger flowers as well.

This one is a little out of focus, our camera is weird sometimes and some angles it won't do automatic focus, so you have to do it yourself. I think they look really cute. I used material from Anna's blanket and put it in place of a picture.

Here are some shelves I painted. I'm not particularly crazy about these shelves, but I bought them and it's too late to take them back, so oh well. I'm thinking of painting the smaller one brown, to give some contrast.


This little photo easel, is from IKEA. I've had it since high school and never really used it. Same with the frame. I thought it would look cute in Anna's room. In fact the lamp in Anna's room is from IKEA too. I've had that since high school, all through college and now in my first home.



Here's a shot of all the new stuff together. I still need a white tall stand up lamp (or smaller one to put on the dresser) to replace the hanging one, since it doesn't go at all with anything. I'm on the lookout for that. I still feel like the top of her dresser is kind of blah. I'll see if I can make it look more cute. I'm also thinking of making curtains, we'll see if I can find some cute material.

I was at Toys R Us today and got these little stacking cups for Anna. She LOVES them. She just sat on the floor and played with them for a half hour. I tried to show her how to stack them, but I think that's a little too advanced for her right now. She's just having fun putting them in one another.

I have also been working on Anna's quilt. I'm hoping to get it done by this week. I did a lot on it this morning during her morning nap and was planning on doing more during her afternoon nap, but lately she hasn't been wanting to take an afternoon nap, even though it's obvious she's tired. I guess I'll have to wait till she goes to bed.

1 comment:

Melanee said...

That looks so good! I love the frames. I totally remember that lamp from C-8. I love that you have it in Anna's room.