Dan playing with Anna while getting her ready for bed. She likes to grab his hair.
I feel that I've tried everything. I give her toys to play with, tried snapping the little belt that comes with the changing pad, (she's still able to roll over), try holding her down (but it's hard to change a diaper this way), etc. I've now resorted to taking her pants off before I even lay her down to try and minimized the amount of time on the changing pad. A couple of times, I've had to pull her up, with no new diaper on yet, and then she started peeing everywhere (this happened twice). Other times, I've had to try putting her diaper on with her standing up (not easy at all). I ended up not getting it on very well, and she pooped and it oozed out of her diaper and onto me when I picked her up (lovely, I know).
She's just such a curious baby and wants to look around and over the edge of the dresser. I guess I'll try moving the changing pad to the floor and see what happens. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)
2 comments:
Nicole's baby (well, basically toddler) does the same thing! I think it's natural for babies to get sick of laying there while getting their diaper changed. When I change Emma's diaper, I always try to distract her, either by giving her toys (or the clean diaper) to play with or by singing her a song. I also, as you suggested, change her on the floor to minimize distractions.
Ethan does this and now Caleb is starting to too. I usually turn on the tv, spread my legs out to hold down their arms and just be as fast as I can to change the diaper. But I have boys and can be more rough with them. Giving them toys also helps but maybe giving her something to eat while you do it? That's all I got. Hope it helps!
Post a Comment