Okay, so I am so excited, that I had to write about this. I just bought a sewing machine for $95. I got it from a guy on Craigslist. He had only used it a handful of times. Funny guy, he made a purse for his wife. Kind of weird, I know. But it was very cute. Anyways, so he originally paid $150. So I feel I got a pretty good deal. It's a Brothers brand. I'm not really into sewing machines and what the top brand is, etc. However, I did research online what
the reviews were, and about 97% of them were positive.
The coolest part of this is that is has 50 different types of stitches. Yes, you read right, 50! A lot of them are decorative/embroidery type stitches. They range from flowers, vines, leaves, curvey lines, swirly/pretty lines, aztec block/funky squares, a variety of x type patterns, etc. It's so COOL! I'm going to have SO much fun with this. It is also computerized. So all I have to do is choose which stitch I want and voila'! Here is a sample of some of the stitches it will do. I went to a fabric store and just bought some bargain/leftover material for cheap. It's kind of hard to see, but hopefully you can get an idea of what it does.
Other features include a needle threader, and it makes button holes. I don't know what I want to sew first. I really don't know how to sew, so I'm going to have to start simple. But eventually I want to make blankets, a duvet cover for our down comforter, some pillows, cute stuff for Anna, possibly some clothes. We'll see.
2 comments:
i am so jealous of you i want a sewing machine so bad.
Nice! That's so awesome! I'd like to learn how to sew better so I could start making things for myself (and others). Sweet find!
Post a Comment