LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, September 2, 2011

Easy and cute fabric flowers!

One of my favorite sewing blogs, Make It and Love It, made the cutest little fabric flowers. As soon as I saw them, I knew I wanted to make them. Here is the link to the tutorial.

Aren't these so cute?


They are made out of cotton. I had some pants that I was going to get rid of, so I decided to use them for material.

Here are the pants.



And here is the new flower.
Woo-hoo for repurposing!


I made another one out of the leftover material from Anna's dress I made for her.
This one turned out much better, because the cotton was thinner and not as heavy as the white material, so it's a little more fluffy and fuller.


I think they're so cute and they were really easy!
All you do is cut out a bunch of circles, scrunch each one and sew them on in layers around a felt circle. Just click on the tutorial link. It's really easy.


I sewed barrett clips on the back, so I can put them in Anna's hair. I was thinking of making a headband and putting on one there. I need to make more, so hopefully I'll get around to that.


Anna's hair isn't fixed here, I just kind of put the flower on for demonstration purposes.


These would look cute in an adults hair as well, or pinned on a shirt or whatever. Lots of possibilities! :)

No comments: