The work on my kitchen continues! Here is my latest project. I thought this was going to be an easy project and it was except for the darn paint color!

I made this from a sign thingy I got at a garage sale for 50 cents. It said, Home Sweet Home on it. I realized I could peel off the wording. I then had to sand it a little. I tried painting on it, and the paint wouldn't really adhere. So Dan sprayed it with white primer. I then had some green paint that I tried to paint it with. It wasn't really adhering well again. So it sat for a few days, then Dan suggested that I just do a few coats of paint. Me-duh! Why didn't I think of that? I guess it takes an art teacher to make things happen. :) So I did a few coats ands the green was way too dark and not the right tone. I even tried mixing it with white and it still wasn't right. So I went to Joanns and got a couple different paints I thought would work. I tried one, and it was still too dark. I tried the other and it was too light. So I finally ended up mixing the two and finally was satisfied enough. I was getting tired of this whole project as well, at this point. :)

This is what the final green came out to be and I do like it a lot. I cut out some vinyl for the wording and the grapes were from Joanns for 59 cents each. So this only cost a few dollars to make! I love it. I've been wanting to put up La Cucina (the kitchen) for a while and now it's finally done!

The little art decor on the left is most likely going to be moved to a different wall and my next project that I'm working on is going to go in it's place. The wall on the left is going to be painted red soon. I think it's going to look really nice. I originally wanted to paint the wall with the window, but since there are red curtains there now, it would just look funny, and I don't feel like trying to find other curtains. Ironically, when we first painted the kitchen last summer, I suggested to Dan about painting the window wall red and he scoffed at me. Then, a few months ago, I brought up the idea of painting a wall red, and he was like, yeah, we should paint the wall with the window! Men...

Here are some aprons that my mom made for me and Anna for Mother's Day. She made them tie in the with Italian theme of my kitchen. Anna loves hers! She sees them and says, apron. on. mommy's. It's really cute.

Future cook.


3 comments:
Anna is too cute! And the sign turned out great!
Thanks for all of your advice on my blog! :) Those aprons are so adorable! You and Anna look so cute in them. And your kitchen sign is really nice -- as usual! :)
I love it! I really like the shade of green that came from mixing the colors. The aprons are so cute, what a great gift idea!
Post a Comment