Things seem to have finally settled down here at the Phelan household. It seems like our house has been such an array of paint brushes, buckets, drop cloths, disorganization, etc. We put all the new trim on our doors and it looks so nice. I love it. We have new interior doors, that over the past few months, we've slowly been changing them out. So, we were able to paint the trim before putting it up, but not the doors. So the last week I've been slowly covering up the nail holes with putty and painting over them, as well as working on painting the doors. I've painted three doors and have two left to do. I realized with the first two doors I was using way too much paint. I'm worried now that I may not have enough for the last two. I have to paint the doorways on them too, so that's more paint as well. Hopefully, it will be okay. We still need to put new door knobs on also. I just love how the new doors and trim gives our home a nicer, more updated look.
Even though the last month has been full of painting, I'm glad I did it and it's done (well, almost done). It's been a lot of hard work, but if that's what it takes to make my home pretty, then so be it. After all of this is done, my next project is to paint our bedroom and bed. I might wait a while on the bedroom, but the bed shouldn't be too bad. Right now it's kind of a honey wood color, and I want it to be black. I'll just have to spray paint it with primer, then paint it black and that should work.
My other wonderful news is that I finally got a piano!!! I'm so happy. I've been looking on craigslist for a long time for one. The one we got had been listed for a while, but it was more than I wanted to pay. It finally was lowered in price and I was able to make a lower offer that they accepted! It's in really good shape and was well taken care of before. We looked at it yesterday, and Dan with some other people, went and picked it up today. I just love having a piano in our home! As soon as I sat down to play it, I almost felt tears coming. A piano brings such a nice feeling to a home. I'm really looking forward to getting my piano skills back in shape. I haven't really played consistently since I was 18 and went to college. I feel so blessed to be able to have it. When Anna gets older, I'll get to teach her how to play! :)

P.S. I was editing the html and for some reason it made my previous paragraphs a link to one of the pictures. I tried to fix it, but couldn't figure it out.
1 comment:
Everything looks great! All that hard work paid off. Beautiful piano! I hope to get one someday too, I'll have to keep an eye on Craigslist.
Post a Comment