Now a little bit about our Thanksgiving. We stayed home this year and had our own first Thankgiving. We invited another family over and they have two cute little girls. We cooked the turkey, made stuffing and rolls. I have never cooked a turkey in my life, but it actually wasn't that hard. I didn't really enjoy sticking my hand in it to pull out the neck. I looked for the gizzard parts, but they weren't there. I thought that was really weird. However, after the turkey was done, Dan was cutting it, and found them all in a nice little package at the bottom of the turkey. I guess somehow they were put there, and not in the cavity of the turkey with the neck. Good thing they were wrapped up. :) Anyways, it turned out well. As did the stuffing, and the rolls were awesome. We tried a new recipe in this bread book that we really like. They turned out so good! Dan made them. Way to go Dan. It was a lot of work and cooking, but it was good. I have actually never made stuffing or gravy, but it wasn't hard at all.
The only down side to that day was I didn't get any pumpkin pie. The family we ate with bought some pies. We went over to their house that evening to eat pie, and for some reason the pumpkin pie wouldn't cook. When she took it out, it was still soupy. So she put it back in the oven, but it still wouldn't cook. By that point, it was late and Anna was fussy, so we went home without any pumpkin pie. I had some apple, but it made me sad that I didn't get any of the pumpkin pie.
1 comment:
That's really sweet, Rachel! I also feel so blessed in my life too. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much... thanks for that reminder.
Congratulations on doing your first Thanksgiving! I have a feeling I probably won't be in charge of a Thanksgiving for MANY years to come (seeing as I live in Washington near family). Good job on doing it yourself, though! :)
P.S. Are you guys coming home for Christmas?
Post a Comment